Today I will discuss different factors that help rank videos on youtube.
Is your video not ranking on youtube? Have you tried everything possible? Well, today I am going to talk about different factors and give examples as to how videos are ranking on youtube.
If you are a YouTuber then today you are getting to know how to rank your video and be in no one place.
As per my experience, I am going to share my views and ideas on the same. I was thinking of sharing my videos previously. But, I had a difficult time trying to rank my videos which is why I did not come up with any such ideas. Well, as I have some experience now so I am going to talk about different factors that can help rank your videos on youtube.
How important is SEO?
In case you have made a video on “How to?” or “Tutorial of …” — then it is essential that you optimize your video. By optimization, I mean SEO or Search Engine Optimization. The reason that you need to be careful about SEO is that people are going to search for the particular keyword in youtube. There will be already several videos based on the same topic or keyword. If you want your video to be in the first place, then SEO is the one and foremost thing you need to take care of.
Some other common type of videos which needs SEO optimization are:
- Product Reviews
- Tech-Related Videos
- Marketing Haul
Some other types of videos such as vlogging or lifestyle videos, dance videos usually won’t require SEO. This is because their name or brand knows lifestyle experts or bloggers and vloggers. People would directly search for by the name of bloggers instead of looking for general keywords. This is the reason that SEO is far more critical in case of tutorials and guides compared to other genres of videos.
Now we are going to talk about those points base don which youtube ranks our videos. Here they are:
- The theme of the channel or the subject of the channel matters a lot. So before you start a channel, make sure that you have a clear idea of what you are willing to do.
- The authority of the youtube channel is essential.
- For how long have you been uploading videos? Yes, that does matter in ranking your youtube videos. It is a matter of time. So, if your channel is a bit old, then chances are more that your videos will rank.
- Are the videos in your channel relevant to the theme or the subject of your channel? Let’s say your channel is about “Education Service”, and you are uploading videos of technology or lifestyle then that is entirely wrong.
- The title and thumbnail are significant to rank a video on youtube.
- Does the title of your youtube channel include all the details or all the keywords? If you can include 2 or 3 different kinds of keywords in your title, then it will be possible to rank your videos easily in youtube.
- Make a proper thumbnail for your youtube channel. There will be several videos on a particular page. Somehow the viewer on checking the thumbnail would decide if he or she should open the video to watch it or not.
- You can write a different kind of text in the thumbnail. The topic would be similar to what you are offering. But somehow the thumbnail would give a clearer idea of what you are going to present.
- The description part is the next important thing. Whatever you are going to explain in your video can be briefed in the description section but in very short. Apart from that, you can add other linked videos or the link of the previous video. Adding links help improve engagement with potential viewers. The description should be clear and concise. It has to be relevant to whatever your video is concerned about. There is no point of adding too much irrelevant information as it would merely downgrade.
- Tags are the next important thing. These are usually not very useful in case of blogs. But, if you are making videos on tutorials or guides, then tags are essential. Now the question is, what can you add in tags?
For example, if the title of your video is “Factors that can help rank your videos in youtube” then you should try and include the main keyword in the tag section. In this case, it can be the following:
- How to rank youtube videos
- Rank videos in youtube
- Rank videos on youtube 2020
- Factors to rank youtube videos
- Youtube videos, 2020. The more short and crisp you keep, the better it is.
- The next consideration is the watch time. The duration or watch time of a particular video is equally important. If the content that you are placing is intriguing, then the viewers will be interested. Your content has to be very engaging.
- To retent, more users add some trailer or a preview of what you are going to show in this video. This would help the audience have a clear picture of whether they are going to get the information that they have come looking for. If you are making a video keeping in mind the needs of the viewers, then you must think of every possible way to deliver them the accurate information in the best and quick way possible.
- If you can add closed captions, then that is a great option. It helps to rank videos on youtube. Most YouTubers do not add these, but it is better if you can.
- Try using some SEO tools for your youtube channel. There is no need to use any paid version right at the beginning. You can go for free versions and learn more about how SEO ranking works in the case of youtube.
I hope the content was useful. Comment below and let me know if you have any more tips or if you have a youtube channel.
You may also like: https://www.itsappy.com/top-5-skills-to-make-a-career-post-covid-19/