Current Affairs of 5th August 2020 has all the latest news headlines which are essential for your government exam preparation. If you are an aspirant looking to get a govt job in Bank, LIC, Bank PO, IBPS, SBI, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IAS, WBCS or any other general examinations then keep reading.
It is essential that you go through the current affairs headlines on a regular basis to keep yourself updated. Do not forget to solve the MCQ on Current Affairs-4th August 2020.
NATIONAL – CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Recently the Supreme Court of India has initiated contempt proceedings, on its own motion, against advocate-activist Prashant Bhushan.
- Recently, the Haryana government had been issuing notices to several real estate giants under the one-time settlement scheme called ‘Samadhan-se-vikas’, for recovery of External Development Charges.
- Union Power Minister has dedicated Sembcorp’s state of the art Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) 1, 2 and 3 wind projects to the nation.
- The Uttar Pradesh Government has planned to regulate the ‘E-flow’ for polluted stretches of Saryu, Hindon, Ramganga, Betwa, Ghaghara and Rapti rivers. Ganga is the only river in the country for which ‘E-flow’ has been fixed by the Centre.
- According to a new study, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh are the three-state rank high in the conservation of the endangered dhole in India.Besides the tiger, the dhole is the only large carnivore in India that is under the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s ‘endangered’ category.
- Madhya Pradesh Urban Development and Housing Minister, Bhupendra Singh has launched a public awareness campaign “Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi” from August 1-15. The Scheme will spread awareness about wearing masks as prevention from Covid-19 infection.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal has inaugurated the National Digital Conference on “Easing Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat”. This conference is organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with the Department for Promotion of Investment and Internal Trade (DPIIT) to improve the business environment of India.
- The United Arab Emirates became the first Arab country to open a nuclear power plant, when the Unit 1 of the Barakah Nuclear Plant in Abu Dhabi, got operational on 31 July 2020.The plant is powered by South Korean technology.
- The World Breastfeeding Week is marked every year in the first week of August, between 1 to 7 August to raise awareness on the importance of breastfeeding for mothers and infants. The theme of World Breastfeeding Week 2020 is “Support breastfeeding for a healthier planet”. The annual week is made by WABA, WHO, and UNICEF since 1991.
Mohamed Irfaan Ali has been named as the President of the country. He is a member of the opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP). He succeeds David Arthur(A.) Granger.
- The Indian Government has provisionally granted permission for the 13th edition of Indian Premier League’s (IPL’s) 2020 to be rescheduled in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from September 19 to November 10, 2020, due to COVID-19 outbreak. BCCI has also decided to host a Women’s T20 Challenge to be held from November 1 to 10 in UAE.
- India has withdrawn from the women’s world team Squash championship scheduled in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 15th to 20th December, due to lack of preparation, time, and match-readiness of its players.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
- A book titled “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” authored by Bihar Assembly Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary has been released. The book was published by Bihar Assembly Secretariat.
- Recently, the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has approved a programme for the benefit of artisans involved in manufacturing of Agarbatti under the Gramodyog Vikas Yojana.
- Indian Market regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is planning to set up a virtual museum of the securities market to highlight achievements and milestones in the Indian capital market.
- Andhra Pradesh government has launched an innovative virtual cybercrime awareness programme named as ‘E-Raksha Bandhan’. The programme aims to create awareness among the public on Cyber crimes across the State. The month long online awareness programme would be organised by the Crime Investigation Department (CID), FM Radio, Cyber Crime Prevention Against Women and Children (CCPWC), Cyber Peace Foundation and other organisations.
● Former Andhra Pradesh Minister, Pydikondala Manikyala Rao passed away due to COVID-19. He was born on November 1, 1961. He was a Senior BJP leader.
Keep following our website for more updates on Current Affairs.
You may also like: CBSE Class 11 Sample Paper For Computer Science