Current Affairs of 4th August 2020 has all the latest news headlines which are essential for your government exam preparation. If you are an aspirant looking to get a govt job in Bank, LIC, Bank PO, IBPS, SBI, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IAS, WBCS or any other general examinations then keep reading.
It is essential that you go through the current affairs headlines on a regular basis to keep yourself updated. Do not forget to solve the MCQ on Current Affairs-4th August 2020.
NATIONAL – CURRENT AFFAIRS
- SKOCH Gold Award has been awarded to the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) for its “Empowerment of Tribals through IT-enabled Scholarship Schemes” project. The 66th SKOCH 2020 Competition was held with the name “INDIA RESPONDS TO COVID THROUGH DIGITAL GOVERNANCE”. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) participated in the DIGITAL INDIA & E-GOVERNANCE-2020 Competition.
● Cabinet Minister in the Government of Uttar Pradesh, Kamal Rani Varun passed away due to COVID-19. She was the minister of technical education in the state government. Kamal Rani Varun had also served as an MP twice.
● Rajya Sabha MP and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh passed away. He was undergoing treatment in Singapore for the past few months. He was elected to the Rajya Sabha in the year 2016 with support from Samajwadi Party and was reinstated as one of the general secretaries of the party in October 2016.
- Mercedes driver, Lewis Hamilton has won the Formula One British Grand Prix 2020 held at the Silverstone Circuit, United Kingdom. Max Verstappen (Red bull) ended up second in this F1 race while Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) came third.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration has launched “Mars 2020 Perseverance rover mission” with United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket to the Red Planet “Mars”. The Mars 2020 Perseverance rover mission was launched from Space Launch Complex 41, at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. NASA has launched the Mars 2020 Perseverance rover mission to search for signs of ancient life and collect samples to send back to Earth.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has announced the launch of a two-month-long campaign called ‘Kona Kona Umeed’ with huge offers and discounts to lift up hope and optimism among its customers in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic. The bank will provide a range of offers and deals on its products including loans, savings accounts, current accounts, corporate salary accounts as well as Kotak debit cards, credit cards and digital payments.
Keep following our website for more updates on Current Affairs.
You may also like: CBSE Class 11 Sample Paper For Computer Science