With the spread of corona virus, the entire world is fighting to win over it. The vaccines are still not out. Today we are going to talk about 5 foods that can help to boost your immunity during the Pandemic. This is exactly why we need to be extra careful. You must abide by the rules of the government, boost your immunity, and take precautionary measures.
Tips to Follow
- The first and foremost thing to do is to maintain hygiene.
- Don’t just sanitize your hands but your belongings as well.
- Maintain a proper distance from anyone else.
- While you sneeze or cough cover your mouth so that you do not expose water droplets. You can even use a napkin. But make sure you dispose of it at once.
- You must not come in contact with an individual having a fever.
- Go and see a doctor if you have a cough or fever.
- Avoid touching your face with your hand.
There is no proven way to save yourself or recover from the deadly Coronavirus. COVID 19 has taken all our lives at stake. The only thing you can do is take precautionary measures, try to grow your immunity as that can help fight the disease.
Actually we cannot just sit back and wait for the vaccine to arrive in the market. Now or sooner you will have to go out of your house to buy essentials or for work. So, as long as you are at home try these foods and focus on growing your immunity.
Top 5 Foods That Can Help Boost Immunity
Here are the top choices for the foods that can boost immunity during the pandemic of COVID-19.
This is a wonderful food to help grow the number of good bacteria in our body. Yogurt is said to be a natural probiotic. Maybe you have come to know about the benefits of yogurt as of now but it is extremely good for your health.
- Good for bones
- Helps in weight loss
- Helps improve immunity of our body
- Prevents yeast infections
- Provides proper nutrition to the body
- Improves circulation of blood in the body
How and when can you have yogurt?
- Add yoghurt in your breakfast menu.
- You can have yoghurt after lunch as a substitute for desert.
- Avoid using sugar and add some honey if you want
- You can make a salad and mis it up with yoghurt.
Tulsi is a common leaf which can be found in every other Indian home. The tulsi plant is thought to be sacred by Indians. This leaf is rich in nutrients and is said to have anti-oxidants.
- Good to help fight the virus
- Helps fight allergens
- Reduces stress
- Good for skin
- Helps reduce stress
How and when can you have Tulsi?
- In parts of Asia people used to add tulsi in their diets as a substitute to medicine.
- You can have 2 raw tulsi leaves in the morning.
- You can also soak tulsi leaves in a glass of water overnight and then have it in the morning.
- Tulsi leaves can also be added to your salad of fruits and vegetables.
- Make sure you have tulsi once daily in any of the above forms.
Golden (Turmeric) Milk
Turmeric in itself is very beneficial as it is rich in nutrients. It has anti-oxidant properties and can help boost your immunity. Milk is also a very common and essential food for all of us. It provides us with all the basic nutrients that we need. Golden milk is also a very common drink consumed in many parts of India. It is believed to have wonderful medicinal values. Golden Milk is a natural food to help improve immunity.
- Turmeric has anti-allergic and anti-microbial properties.
- Turmeric can help fight inflammation.
- It is good for skin
- Golden Milk is good for bones
- It can be used to treat any disease.
How and when can you have Golden Milk?
- You can have it once in the morning in an empty stomach.
- Mix a glass of milk with 2 tablespoon turmeric.
- You can also have a glass of turmeric milk at night right before you go to bed.
Given the current situation of the pandemic, it is mandatory to add a citrus fruit in your regular diet. Citrus fruits contain carbohydrates, vitamins, potassium, calcium, and many other nutrients. Lemon or lime are very common examples of citrus fruits.
- Rich in vitamins
- Has a good amount of fiber
- Helps fight allergens
- Boosts immunity
- Protects from cancer
- Boost blood circulation
How and when can you have citrus fruits?
- Add it as a part of your diet just like any other fruit.
- Have lime water in the morning as it will also help reduce weight.
- Add lemons to your diet after lunch.
- You can also add lime to whatever you cook.
- Lime can also be added to lentils as it improves the taste as well.
This is another raw food that can help boost your immunity. The raw garlic is said to possess medicinal properties that can help fight disease and also boost the immunity of your health.
- It can help boost immunity
- It has anti-oxidant properties
- Can reduce blood pressure
- Improves cholesterol level
- Very nutritious
- It can help improve skin
- Garlic releases sulfur which is good for health
How and when can you have raw garlic?
- It is good to have 1 or 2 cloves of garlic per day
- You can have 1 clove garlic in your lunch along with rice.
- You can make boiled chicken soup and add garlic to it.
So today we talked about 5 foods that can help to boost your immunity during the Pandemic. And these are very common food or ingredient that we have at our homes. But the point is to consume it in the right way at the right time. Only then will we be able to take benefit of its medicinal properties.